The NBA Draft will get underway this evening just around 7:00 PM EST but the Sixers, if they decide to stand pat at their 15th overall pick in the first round, should make a selection some time closer to 9:00 PM.
Andrew did a real nice job earlier in the day examining the realistic player option at 15th overall, as well as his desire for Rod Thorn and company to move up, so give that another read or use it to learn about the guy the Sixers do end up selecting.
Enjoy the bad suits, the newly acquired bling, the upside, the wing span, all of the draft hoopla, but most importantly, let's hope the Sixers can continue the progress towards a championship-caliber team in Philadelphia.
AU is lucky enough to have tickets inside the Prudential Center this evening so look for a report back late this evening or early tomorrow. Want to see the Sixers move up? Move 'Dre? Make a splash? Chat along with all of the picks in the comments.
Photo Caption: NBA Commissioner David Stern, left, shakes Charles Barkley’s hand in
afternoon on Tuesday, June 19, 1984 in New York City after the former
Auburn University forward was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers. Barkley was picked fifth in the NBA draft. (AP Photo/Marty Lederhandler)
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Have you ever been invited to a friend’s birthday party but you weren’t able to go? Once they heard you couldn’t go, they would then say, “you weren’t invited anyway?”
President Donald Trump withdrew his invitation to the Golden State Warriors and guard Steph Curry to visit the White House after winning the 2017 NBA Championship. Trump said Curry was “hesitating.”
Curry told reporters Friday that he would vote against the Warriors visiting the White House and President Trump.
Curry received support from fellow NBA players including 4-time MVP Lebron James, who denounced Trump’s taken-back invitation in his most re-tweeted post ever.
Golden State's statement:
5-time NBA Champion Kobe Bryant:
Golden State power forward and teammate Draymond Green:
Sixers forward James Michael McAdoo, who signed a two-way contract with the team in August:
Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal:
Two-time All-Star Baron Davis:
After Trump's comments about the NFL and NBA in the last 24 hours and North Carolina's Men's Basketball team not visiting the White House (because of a scheduling conflict), it is hard to believe any championship-winning teams will be making the trip to the Nation’s capital anytime soon. Except the Patriots.