We'll never tire of hearing about the post-NBA life/career of former Sixers legend Allen Iverson. Whether it's his exploits in Turkey or his failed attempts to get back into the League, we still love hearing about what A.I. is up to at the moment.
According to basketball blog Rush'N Hoops, Iverson is finally set to play some ball in China.
Allen Iverson has finally decided to pursue his
basketball career in China, and has to take what’s available right now –
a contract for a handful of exhibition games. It remains possible that
the former NBA MVP signs with a professional team in China before start
of the season, but so far the talks didn’t result in a deal.
They have a bunch of photos of A.I. at a press conference in China looking like he wishes he were at the nearest T.G.I. Friday's and link to what appears to be the site for the upcoming exhibition games. Any Chinese readers out there?
Pretty badass poster as well.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.