We noted this morning that Andre Iguodala was honored with an NBA All-Defensive Second Team pick. It was a much deserved accolade for the Sixers stud shutdown man.
'Dre doesn't always get the credit he may deserve in this town or around the league. Our pal John Finger takes a deeper look at what Andre Iguodala is about, both on and off the court, coming to the conclusion that he's a different kind of athlete in the sense that he'll actually give you open and honest answers, if not always the ones you'd hope to hear as a Sixers fans.
It touches on Iguodala's end-of-season quotes about whether or not he wants to be back in Philadelphia, leaving you perplexed as ever about what the "McNabbian" passive-aggressiveness is trying to hint at. It also touches on Andre's evolving relationship with Evan Turner. One of the more honest looks at team dynamics as you'll get in professional sports.
Andre Iguodala may never win you games by himself like the beloved marquee A.I. he played alongside for all those years, and that may never fully endear him to Sixers fans. Is that fair to Andre the man? Probably not, as he's one interesting -- or "evolved" as Finger puts it -- cat. Fans aren't always logical in their fandom. Not needing to be logical is part of the fun.
>>Iguodala plays D, eats vegetables ... always has [CSN]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)