Charlie Manuel was a guest on MLB Network on SiriusXM this morning and talked about Chase Utley's current DL stint. He didn't really shed any new light on the actual injury, but did mention a "partial tear" of the oblique-rib-cage-area-thinger, whereas the statement the other day mentioned a "strain." The initial statement also hoped for the lower end of 2-4 weeks whereas Charlie says Utley will probably miss another three weeks. Also worth noting: Charlie Manuel is a baseball manager, not a medical doctor.
Manuel goes on to talk about Papelbon getting booed in Boston last night and also touches on Dom Brown's sweet stroke.
"Right now [Brown]'s got real balance at the plate," Manuel said. "He worked hard getting his hands down right about even with his shoulders. He's got better balance in his setup and also in his stride."
As for the booing of Papelbon, Manuel said that was the first time he heard boos with passion and love in them. This statement hurts my feelings.
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/94493764" params="" width=" 640" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Papelbon and Brown:
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/94496079" params="" width=" 640" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Karekin Brooks rushed for 268 yards with three touchdowns on 29 carries and Pennsylvania outlasted Lehigh 65-47 on Saturday in the 60th meeting between the defending champions of the Patriot and Ivy leagues.
Brooks became the 12th Quaker to rush for 200-plus yards in a game and moved into second on Penn's single-game rushing record, behind Terrance Stokes' 272 yards against Princeton in 1993. Brooks also threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to David Ryslik early in the fourth quarter, which made it 56-35.
Penn (2-0) scored consecutive touchdowns 1-minute, 9 seconds apart late in the second quarter to establish a two-touchdown lead it maintained during a second half that saw the teams trade scores on virtually every possession.
Will Fischer-Colbrie finished 13 of 20 for 235 yards and three touchdowns, connecting with Christian Pearson on a 43-yard scoring strike, Logan Sharp from 26 yards and Nicholas Bokun late in the fourth from 21 yards out.
Lehigh (0-4) was led by Brad Mayes, who went 26 of 40 for 444 yards with four touchdowns, but also suffered two interceptions.