The Round Mound of Rebound was in Philadelphia on Monday making the rounds at Comcast SportsNet. From the LBJ fiasco which he dubbed a "national nightmare" to the bright future the Sixers may have with Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday, Chuck was talking all things hoops. [videos below]
When asked about the current Sixers team and the addition of Evan Turner, Charles had this to say, "I like Evan Turner. I like Doug Collins. I think Doug is gonna do a good job. They gotta figure out what style they're going to play. All good teams have a style. You know, I've been very disappointed in Andre Iguodala because he hasn't gotten better. Nobody can say in the last two or three years that he's gotten better. He's very talented but I thought by now he'd be an All-Star-caliber player. I like the Holiday kid. They're just young,"
We'll have much more on Charles' time in the CSN newsroom tomorrow.
Charles on the LBJ mess and the current Sixers:
Charles on everything you could think of, including Tiger Woods and gambling:
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships