Welcome back to the Internet. Hopefully your weekend was full of grilled meats, frosty beverages, and lots of stuff blowing up in the sky.
Here's a quick rundown of some of the stuff you may have missed over the weekend.
-Toronto fans were so excited to see Roy Halladay back in town this weekend they decided to act like Philly fans. The US Presswire photo above by Tom Szczerbowski shows a Blue Jays fan getting captured in more ways than one after running on the field at the Rogers Centre.
-But not all of Canada is as unruly. These fans showed their respect to Roy Halladay in the form of some humor.
-Oh yeah, the Flyers did some stuff too. Jaromir Jagr is a Flyer. Read Matt's thoughts on that move here.
-Simon Gagne and Mike Richards will reunite out in L.A.
-Kris Versteeg was traded.
-More on the Flyers big day in free agency here.
-Giants closer Brian Wilson has some anger management issues.
-The AT&T National wrapped up on Sunday with Nick Watney taking home the trophy. What does the future of professional golf in Philadelphia look like?
-The Phillies are sending Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Cole Hamels, and Placido Polanco to the All-Star Game this year. Shane Victorino has a shot as well, so go vote for him.
-Finally, this is how I spent my weekend:
Phish - 7/2/2011 "Tube" from Phish on Vimeo.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships