- 5 hours and 46 minutes passed.
- 507 pitches were thrown .
- Former Phillie Hunter Pence batted 8 times and hit a baseball 454 feet into Ashburn Alley. CRUSHED.
- Jonathan Papelbon blew a save in the ninth on a solo shot by Buster Posey.
- Tim Lincecum came in to pitch in the 14th inning and earned the first save of his career. He failed to record a strikeout for the first time in his 254 career appearances. He also "became the first pitcher since Sandy Koufax to pitch a no-hitter and earn a save in the same season." (via)
- Ryan Howard failed to deliver with runners in scoring position in extras on two separate occasions. He also wore this hat after the game and said a bunch of cliches:
- No pitchers played in the outfield but CSN did show footage of the amazing night Roy Oswalt caught a flyball in the 17th inning or something. May have been the highlight of the evening.
- The Jeff Manship crashed and burned.
- Ryan Howard left seven men on base. Marlon Byrd left six men on base.
- Ken Giles gave up his first run since his first appearance in the bigs, raising his ERA to 1.13.
- The Phillies actually had a little rally going in the bottom of the 14th and got the tying run to the plate. Fans watching at home were begging for a Dom Brown home run, mostly just to watch the Phillies beat writers at the game have (further) meltdowns on Twitter. Did they ever find a microwave for their bag of corn? We'll never know.
- Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen talked about breakfast plans.
- Finally, this:
Wonder how the Phillies are doing this year? There's a fan with a bag on his head pic.twitter.com/VmsBmmpigK— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) July 23, 2014
Good night. Or good morning. Whatever.