NFL Notes: Spencer ready for 4-3 switch

NFL Notes: Spencer ready for 4-3 switch
January 26, 2013, 7:00 pm
Share This Post

Senior Bowl week concluded Saturday and here are the Eagles-related notes we compiled (see story).

Some other news and tidbits from around the NFL:

Spencer ready for 4-3
Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer is "ready to make the conversion" from a 3-4 to 4-3 defensive front, according to Rainer Sabin of the Dallas Morning News (via ProFootballTalk).

"He told me, 'I feel like I can play that position. I feel like I can do a great job at it," Spencer's agent Jordan Woy said. "I talked about it with him. He'd love to stay in Dallas but ultimately it is a business and sometimes that works out and sometimes that doesn't.

"He's prepared for whatever the situation it is. But if he had his first choice it would be to stay in Dallas."

Spencer made his first Pro Bowl this season by leading the Cowboys with 95 total tackles and a career-high mark of 11 sacks.

Revis: Stay or go?
Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is set to become a free agent after this season, and initial reports are that owner Woody Johnson doesn't want to pay market value for the four-time Pro Bowler, according to ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio.

New G.M. John Idzik said Friday that Revis reacted well when he reached out to him to explain the organization's stance.

"I made sure he knew exactly where we were coming from and that this is my first day on the job," Izdik said. "Our message to everyone was, 'Give us a chance to get to know each other and introduce ourselves to each other.'"

Idzik said Revis seemed to appreciate that he had been contacted about the situation.

Despite support from coach Rex Ryan, who has expressed a desire to keep Revis, Idzik's explanation still leaves a cloud around whether or not the team will ultimately decide to keep him.

Revis missed nearly all of the 2012 season after suffering a torn ACL in Week 3 vs. Miami. He has 19 interceptions in 79 career games.

Tillman's contract can be extended
Set to play in his second straight Pro Bowl this weekend, Bears cornerback Charles Tillman is reported to be in line for a possible contact extension before the start of next season, according to the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs (via ProFootballTalk).

Entering the final year of his contact and coming off perhaps his best statistical season, Tillman is set to make $7.95 million in 2013. An extension might lower the team's $8 million salary cap number, allowing the Bears room to spend money elsewhere.

The 32-year-old led the league last season with 10 forced fumbles. He has 33 interceptions in 146 career games.

More Team Talk