If you were awake at 1:00 am Tuesday morning you may have caught one of the most exciting finishes in recent memory. In double OT, Boise State put it all on the line and went for two to win the game instead of kicking a PAT to send the game into a third overtime. Not only did they go for it, they went for it in style. The "Statue of Liberty" was pulled out of the Boise bag of tricks and worked to perfection. Ian "Crochet Boy" Johnson took the sneaky hand off and ran in the game winning two point conversion. It capped off Boise State's perfect 13 win season. Take that Big 12.
Only minutes after Johnson won the game in amazing fashion, he proposed to Boise State cheerleader Chrissy Popadics. I'm not sure the pronunciation on the name there. I think we can all assume Mr. Johnson had a lucky evening. Boise State QB Jared Zabransky added his thoughts, "I'm sure it probably wouldn't have been as romantic if we would have lost."
That Boise State win gives you reassurance that sports are worth watching. Also, Boise is in Idaho.
UPDATE via: The couple's myspace pages: his and hers. Video of the trick play and the proposal.
>>Boise State back pops the question [ESPN]
>>The Boise State University Cheerleaders [BoiseState.edu]
>>Ian Johnson Likes to Crochet [IdadhoStatemen]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships