This guy says what he really thinks. He rips into the Pats "fans" pretty good and gets some jabs in at the wicked stoop-ed Sox drones. Does every male in Boston own the same exact Red Sox hat?
Link: FOXSports.com - NFL Playoffs- Boston's poseurs have nothing on us Philly fans.
Like most bandwagonish fans (see also Redskins fans if they ever witness another winning season) the Patriots fan is a grossly cocky fan when things are going well. With the recent success of the Pats, the region's fans have adopted the snobbish air of Frasier Crane.
While I'm on Boston fans, let us address baseball. The Red Sox fans like to think of themselves as heroes because they rooted for a team that hadn't won a World Series since 1918. In the immortal words of former Eagles running back Brian Mitchell, "Whoopdee damn doo." Try one World Series win in 120 years you Bill Buckner-whining pansies.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid is giving back, joining several NBA players for the Basketball without Borders camp in Africa.
The NBA and FIBA will host 80 boys and girls ages 17 and under from 26 African countries, including Embiid's native Cameroon. It'll be the 15th edition of Basketball without Borders.
The camp will be held from Aug. 2 to Aug. 5 at the American International School of Johannesburg, culminating with the NBA Africa Game 2017 at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg, South Africa. The exhibition pits Team Africa, which includes players born in Africa and second-generation African players, against players from the rest of the world.
It's already been announced that Embiid is on the roster, but not playing, for Team Africa. Embiid, 23, missed the final 37 games of the 2016-17 season with a knee injury. His first NBA season came after he missed the first two years of his career with a foot injury.
There will be a heavy local vibe at BWB this year. Embiid will be joined by assistant coach Lloyd Pierce as well as former Sixers Bruce Bowen, Elton Brand and fellow Cameroonian Luc Mbah a Moute. Philly native Kyle Lowry and Chester native Rondae Hollis-Jefferson will also be there.
Future Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki and budding star Kristaps Porzingis will also be among the players on hand.