Myers let up two runs for only the second time in 9 starts; he has continued to show tremendous improvement over last year. The Phillies took the series from the Cardinals by winning yesterday's BPS by a score of 7-4.
"He's the real deal," St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said.
I think other than Myers, the play of the game had to be Chase "Dirt" Utley beating out an infield grounder. I love to watch Chase play, he has the hustle factor which Philly fans cherish so much. Great job by Chase.
The Phillies held up well against the Cardinals and started off their series of games against great teams well. Next its on to Baltimore to face the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Speaking of Baltimore, the700Level crew may be in attendance. Hopefully the weather will hold up. Here is an interesting article on Budweiser encouraging race goers to drink less:
Baltimore, Md 05-19-05 --- The 130th running of
the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course will include a reminder for
fans to continue to act responsibly and respect the rights of others
while celebrating the second jewel in thoroughbred racing's Triple
Crown. The Maryland Jockey Club, Anheuser-Busch wholesaler Winner
Distributing Company, Maryland Turf Caterers and the TEAM Coalition
announced today that they will implement an action plan at Pimlico Race
Course designed to encourage fans attending the Preakness to drink
responsibly and use a designated driver.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships