That's not a Photoshop interpretation of this baseball season, that's actually a baseball stadium under water. Justin De Fratus, a Phillies pitching prospect and soon-to-be Weather Channel intern, snapped these photos of Bright House Field on Sunday -- site of Phillies spring training, home to the Clearwater Threshers.
Looks like their next home game -- scheduled for Thursday -- could be a little soggy.
[two more photos below]
We don't mean to make light of Tropical Storm Debby, which has spawned fatal weather patterns, and clearly left sensational damage in its wake. It's just hard not to be in awe of this spectacle.
As a reporter of sorts, I'll have to have a water cooler chat with a well-versed Turfgrass Science expert to get the inside scoop on when and how the grounds crew will get the field ready for activity again. Until then, we have little no further information to offer.
As for De Fratus, who you may recall gained some big league experience last September, he's only pitched once all year including spring training. The 24 year old is recovering from something called a flexor pronator strain in his throwing elbow. I don't know what that is, but I hope he comes back soon.
After Sunday, the Phillies' record is 34-40.
>> Mariner (Character) - Biography [IMDb]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships