Ilya Bryzalov has more than found his way out of the woods this season and has been one of the best players in all of hockey over the past few weeks. His performance in the month of March -- 10-1-1, 1.22 GAA, .956, four shutouts -- is the kind of stuff that can make any Flyers fan start dreaming about a Cup being paraded down Broad Street this summer.
You know what they say about the hot team heading into the postseason.
Lavvy's boys easily secured their trip to the playoffs over the weekend and will look to jockey for positioning down the stretch. Bryz will get the nod in net again tonight against Tampa, his 19th start in the Flyers last 20 games.
This horse likes to be ridden.
Kulp posed the question yesterday, but it's worth checking back on every few days as the standings change: which team are you hoping the Flyers will match up against in the first round?
7:30 puck drop tonight on NBCSN.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Phillie Phanatic is nothing if not persistent.
When he has his big bug eyes set on something, he goes to great length to make it happen.
So it was with great joy we got to see his wooing of Los Angeles Dodgers' reporter Alanna Rizzo paid off on Thursday -- at least in the short term.
Prior to today's matinee with the Dodgers, the Phillies broadcast showed the Phanatic setting up a lovely, romantic setting on the field at Citizens Bank Park for a date with Alanna.
"He knows exactly how to get to a ladies' heart," Phillies play-by-play man Tom McCarthy said.
But then the Phanatic had to go screw it up like the goof that he is and spilled his beverage all over his date.
We're hoping that Phyllis does not see this clip, for everyone's sake. But part of us thinks it may have all been a ploy to punk the opposing team's media member. Maybe the Phanatic is smarter than we all think and had that up his sleeve all along.
"Do they have to put him in a cage when they take a flight," John Kruk wondered aloud.