With the Phillies enjoying an off day in Washington, DC before kicking off a weekend set with the Nationals on Friday, second baseman Chase Utley was in Philadelphia today getting an MRI done to diagnose his right side/rib area.
The team said on Thursday evening that Utley has suffered a Grade 1 oblique strain and will hit the 15-day disabled list.
The full statement from the Phillies:
2B Chase Utley has been diagnosed with a very mild grade 1 oblique strain. There is no intercostal injury or rib cage injury. Utley is being placed on the 15-day DL. A corresponding roster move will be made to replace him on the 25-man roster.
From GM Ruben Amaro Jr: "The recovery for this type of injury should take between 2-4 weeks. We do believe and hope that Chase will be ready to play in Philadelphia within 15 days. We are being cautious with this injury as it is a tricky one and want to make sure it isn't an issue for him throughout the season."
Chase first noticed the injury earlier in the week in Miami while taking just a few swings during batting practice.
Here's what Utley had to say about how to deal with it on Wednesday:
“I’ve talked to a few guys on this team who have had it. Some guys I played with in the past had it. The main thing they said was, ‘Don’t rush back,’ ” Utley said. “That’s when you can make it worse and prolong the time you’re out.”
So don't expect him to be rushing back anytime soon.
Earlier in the day: Stutes called up | Aumont sent down but Charlie expects big things from him | Is Dom Brown having a good year or not? | Delmon Young killed it on Wednesday
Follow The700Level.com on Facebook, Twitter, or email us.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Can't say we're super familiar with the work of Don La Greca, whose bio says he's a co-host on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN Radio, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's either a total joy to listen to or absolutely a chainsaw to your ears.
One or the other, tough to say.
But it's hard to argue with the impressiveness of the rant he went on regarding the New York Giants offensive line the other day.
The stats he quotes are just hard to argue with in any capacity.
Regardless of how you feel about advanced stats, I thinkk we can all agree the Eagles D-Line is gonna go all Pythagoras on the Eli this weekend.