Unfortunately this is not the mask either Ray Emery or Steve Mason will be wearing for the Flyers this year, but it’s very cool nonetheless. Instead it belongs to Aaron Slagman, who tests hockey equipment for InGoal Magazine, and apparently dabbles a bit between the pipes himself.
The mask uses the Flyers logo and color scheme, and references the Broad Street Bullies while featuring the likenesses of Ron Hextall, Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, and Dave Schultz. There is also an arrow on top like the one that appeared on some of Hextall's masks, while Parent’s retired No. 1 is also adorned on the front -- although that is also Slagman’s jersey number.
If there was one bone to pick with the design, it’s that Hextall obviously didn’t play during the same era as the rest of the guys, but this seems nit-picky. Who said it had to? Here are a couple shots of the mask, be sure to visit InGoal’s site for the rest.
>> Flyers Bullies Mask has Parent, Hextall + more [InGoal]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships