That’s Claude Giroux’s sweater in his locker stall. He’ll suit up in a game on Tuesday night for the first time since the infamous pitching wedge incident, as the Flyers play their penultimate preseason game against the New Jersey Devils.
Whether Giroux was going to skate—or should for that matter—was a topic of discussion all week, but obviously the Flyers’ captain felt he needed to get some ice time in a live situation. Then again, he also said he probably could have been playing all along. Per Tim Panaccio:
“I mean, it’s the preseason,” Giroux said. “It’s different in the regular season. If this was the regular season, I’d have been playing a long time ago, but it’s just making sure it’s 100 percent and not taking a risk. I mean, we still have a week and half before the season, and I’d be not smart just to rush it.”
We have no doubt Giroux would have been out there if the games counted in the standings, and we’re grateful they soon will. The Flyers’ first regular season puck drop is little more than a week away—October 2 at the Wells Fargo Center.
As for tonight, local readers can catch Giroux’s 2013-14 debut on TCN at 7 p.m, or the game can be viewed nationally on the NHL Network.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships