Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
CSN received 10 Mid-Atlantic Emmy nominations in eight categories, including live game broadcast, play by play talent, and sports program.
“TOMBOY,” CSNs multiplatform documentary on elevating the conversation of women in sports, was nominated in the Community Service category.
Marc Zumoff, CSN’s play-by-play voice of the Philadelphia 76ers, received his ninth straight nomination.
The Mid-Atlantic Emmy Awards, which annually honor excellence in news, programming and individual achievement in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, will be presented Saturday, September 9, 2017, at the Hershey Lodge located in Hershey, PA.
CSN was nominated for excellence in the following categories:
“TOMBOY- Elevating the Conversation of Women in Sports”- CSN Philadelphia
TALENT- SPORTS ANALYST/PLAY-BY-PLAY
Marc Zumoff, CSN Philadelphia
SPORTING EVENT/GAME- LIVE/UNEDITED PROGRAM/SPECIAL/SERIES
“76ers Basketball on CSN”- CSN Philadelphia
“Phillies Baseball”- CSN Philadelphia
SPORTS- PROGRAM FEATURE/SEGMENT
“Signing the Times”- CSN Philadelphia
SPORTS- DAILY OR WEEKLY PROGRAM
“SportsNet Central- Clinching for the Chairman”- CSN Philadelphia
SPORTS – INTERVIEW/DISCUSSION
“Sixers PostGame Live”- CSN Philadelphia
“The700Level Show: Sorry, Christie Brinkley”- CSN Philadelphia
EDITOR- SHORT FORM
“Sixers 2016-17 Product Launch Promo”- CSN Philadelphia
Jeffrey Crowe, Editor
VIDEO ESSAY (SINGLE CAMERA OPERATOR)
“Drone Racing in An Abandoned Opera House”- CSN Philadelphia
Thomas Finer, Producer
PHILADELPHIA- (July 25, 2017) – The Phillies broadcasting team of Tom McCarthy, John Kruk and Ben Davis will call the game overlooking the bullpen in Section 101, row 1 on Wednesday, July 26 when the team takes on the Houston Astros. Additionally, Gregg Murphy will be in on the fun with special guest interviews. The Phanatic will also be part of the broadcast, along with a number of surprises throughout the evening.
The game airs on CSN at 7 p.m. and is available via livestream through the NBC Sports App or through CSNPhilly.com.
This year marks the fourth time that the Phillies broadcast team has called the game from a different location at Citizens Bank Park. The intent is to give fans at home the opportunity to experience the game from a different view. It also give fans in attendance the opportunity to interact with the broadcasters. Previous areas included the outfield, behind the Phillies on-deck circle, and from Harry the K’s restaurant.