Before we giveaway another $25 giftcard to Smith's Restaurant and Bar for the comment of the week, I wanted to remind you to mark your calendar's for the January 23rd The700Level.com meetup and Flyers watch party at Smith's right in Rittenhouse in Center City. You can RSVP to the event where fellow Level readers and contributors will drink great beer specials and talk about how awesome the Flyers turnaround has been! It's a Thursday night so you have no excuse not to come hang with us.
This week's winner is a perennial MVP in the comment section, willh888, this time weighing in on the Dom Brown flaunting his Cowboys jersey situation:
1. display (something) ostentatiously, esp. in order to provoke envy or admiration
Unless you call what he did modesty.. who knows. By just attending the game in a jersey, he’s being a fan. By tweeting it at 4:30pm well after their win, he’s obviously knows his fanboy pic would poke some nerves. As for being sensitive, you’re talkin’ about sports man. This stuff is all about sensitivity and emotion of the collective. So the next time Dom jogs to a ball in the corner I’m going to tweet him a pic of a segway. Wonder how sensitive he is
And just a reminder that Smith's has $3 Bud Light and Lager drafts during all NFL games including Thursday nights.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Pete Mackanin continues to play musical chairs with his logjam of infielders.
Tonight, Cesar Hernandez returns to the Phillies' lineup playing second and leading off. He sat against lefty Clayton Kershaw and will face righty Yu Darvish tonight. Hernandez has fared better against right-handers (.293) than southpaws (.279). He leads the team with a .359 OBP this season.
Maikel Franco will take a seat tonight. Franco has been much better over his last 10 games. In that span, Franco is 15 for 35 (.371) with two homers and seven RBIs. His average for the season is still just at .232.
J.P. Crawford will take over at the hot corner and bat seventh. Crawford has been sort of up and down since his call up, but his patented control of the strike zone has certainly translated at the big league level. The rookie is hitting a modest .256 so far but has an OBP of .340.
Here is the rest of tonight's lineup:
1. Cesar Hernandez, 2B
2. Freddy Galvis, SS
3. Odubel Herrera, CF
4. Rhys Hoskins, 1B
5. Nick Williams, RF
6. Aaron Altherr, LF
7. J.P. Crawford, 3B
8. Jorge Alfaro, C
9. Aaron Nola, P
And here's how the Dodgers will line up against Nola:
1. Chris Taylor, CF
2. Corey Seager, SS
3. Justin Turner, 3B
4. Cody Bellinger, 1B
5. Curtis Granderson, RF
6. Chase Utley, 2B
7. Yasmani Grandal, C
8. Andre Ethier, LF
9. Yu Darvish, P