Philadelphia is 3-0 versus the Cowboys when Michael Vick starts. Last season, the Eagles dispatched of them handily twice by a combined score of 54-14. Vick completed nearly two-thirds of his passes against Dallas in 2011, going 39-for-60 with 572 yards and four touchdowns.
But by all means, Dallas Cowboys Twitter account, poke the beast with a stick.
Sure, this is simply harmless fun in the spirit of competition. It's just when a bully used to kick my ass during eighth grade, I didn't hang posters of the one good shot I got in all over the hallways on the first day of high school to hype our next big fight.
The Cowboys figure to be in the hunt this season, as they always are, and I too look forward to those meetings. I'm merely not so sure Rob Ryan -- or any other defensive coordinator for that matter -- should share my enthusiasm.
Vick turned 32 yesterday.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships