Eagles fans may be beating a dead horse with the talk surrounding Kevin Kolb, but it's such a hot topic that we can't stop thinking about it. As for Kolb as a player, I'd venture to guess that none of us really know very much about the guy. I don't doubt that he could turn into a great NFL quarterback. Fans didn't boo Kevin Kolb on draft day, they booed the fact that the Eagles selected a quarterback with their first pick on Saturday.
The NFL draft is full of posturing and misinformation. The Eagles trying to tell us that the Kolb pick had nothing to do with Donovan McNabb is garbage if you ask me. Number five is 30 years old and will turn 31 during the 2007 season. That isn't exactly old for a QB. I think a safe estimate of when McNabb will hang it up would be between the age of 35 and 37 depending on a number of factors. That means Donovan could play another 5 to 7 years. Do you really use the 36th overall pick on a guy who will sit the bench for that long?
When the Eagles tell us that this has nothing to do with Donovan McNabb, they're not fooling anybody. The only way the Eagles will ever live this pick down is if Donovan McNabb retires in a couple of years and Kevin Kolb takes over the reigns and is immediately a superstar. Anything else and you're going to hear many more boos.
Good luck, Kevin. We're all hoping you make Andy Reid look brilliant. We're certainly not holding our breath.
Previously: Eagles Select Kevin Kolb.. Kevin Who? [The 700 Level]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)