The Eagles seemed to get exactly who they wanted with their first two picks. Bulking up both lines with impact caliber players. Many local draft experts had the Eagles taking Winston Justice with the 14th pick so getting him at 39 makes the Eagles front office look brilliant. Other experts had Bunkley going as early as 8th overall so it seems that they got good value at 14. I was a little surprised they went DE with their third round selection, but knowing Andy I shouldn't be. I'm not one to make too big a deal out of the draft until you see the players in action.
I was, like everyone, shocked that the Texans passed on Reggie Bush. I'm also not that disappointed with any of the Eagles picks as many of the fans feel the Eagles needed a WR. There wasn't one receiver who jumped out at me.
has good size and the powerful upper-body strength needed to hold his
own against the run. More importantly, he has the quickness and motor
to excel in Philadelphia's scheme, making him a candidate to push for
playing time as a rookie.
is one of the better picks thus far. After getting an impact player in
DT Brodrick Bunkley in the first round, the Eagles addressed one of
their greatest needs by selecting Justice, a first-round talent who
slid to the second round because of character issues.
Fox Sports thought the Eagles had one of the best second rounds of any team.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
The Phillies have officially dipped into the trade waters.
The team traded reliever Pat Neshek and cash to the Colorado Rockies for shortstop Jose Gomez and right-handed pitchers Alejandro Requena and J.D. Hammer.
Neshek was the Phils’ lone All-Star this season as he pitched 40 1/3 innings and posted a 1.12 ERA. At one point, he had an 18-inning scoreless streak over 19 appearances.
More coming ...