The Eagles have arrived in Jacksonville and seem cool and confident, while the Patriots still have their panties in a bunch over Freddie Mitchell's comments regarding Rodney Harrison.(ESPN) In other great news, Brian Westbrook was named to the Pro Bowl (PE.com) in Hawaii with injuries to Alexander and Clinton Portis.
Bill Belichick says everything right. Watch (Windows Media) his opening comments about the Superbowl, Eagles, Brady, etc.(Fox) You can tell he has been here before.
Eagles' fans are pumped for the biggest game many faithful have ever seen, and their spending on Eagles gear has hit some record levels. (USA Today) My trip to Boston for the weekend was fun. The whole weekend, I only saw one article of Patriots gear, being worn by the singer of some crappy cover band singing an M.C. Hammer classic. When I got of the flight in Philly, I saw 2 Dawkins jerseys within five minutes.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.