The Eagles announced on Thursday that they've placed their franchise tag on DeSean Jackson, ensuring they'll have control over the speedster for at least the 2012 season. They must now try and determine whether or not they can get DeSean inked to a longer term deal, decide whether they want to try and trade him, or simply have him play out the season under the terms of a franchise player, which for a wide receiver is around $9.4 million.
I'd guess they'll try and come to some sort of longer term agreement with DJacc, but we all know how that has gone in the past. A trade is pretty unlikely. There are free agents, and any other team is gonna have the same problems with giving DeSean the long-term contract he wants, not to mention give up the draft picks the birds will want in return.
Tagging Jackson means the Eagles most likely will not be in the market for any of the top free agent wide receivers. Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Jason Avant, Brent Celek, and Shady McCoy are still quite the arsenal of weapons for Michael Vick heading into 2012.
Howie Roseman had this to add, via Dave Spadaro,"We will continue our efforts on getting a long-term deal done with him."
"We want DeSean to be an Eagle for the long haul and this is a step in the right direction to accomplish that."
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)