The Flyers' road trip continues with a trip to Dallas tonight. Coming off a shootout loss to the Thrashers in Atlanta and a win in Sunrise, Florida, the team's staccato ways continue, eerily reminiscent of last season. It's great to see the losing streak over, but we've already seen that the Flyers are better than a team that trades wins for losses. For one reason or another, they're just not playing as well as they should be.
Tonight's opponent isn't the type of team the Flyers can likely beat if they're not wholly on their game.
The Stars are in the middle of a long but challenging homestand that has featured two big shutout wins over the Minnesota Wild and the Chicago Blackhawks, but also three losses. They're getting some solid play from Kari Lehtonen, who is expected in goal tonight as well.
Sergei Bobrovsky is the anticipated starter for the Flyers, and we're reaching an interesting point in the season for him. In addition to auditioning for the team's playoff starting role, Bob has never played more than 35 games in a season. Tonight, he'll start his 43rd of the current campaign. So far, durability hasn't seemed to be an issue with the young, athletic goalie, but we'll be watching to see if he's getting better after seeing more action (and at a higher level), or not.
With the biggest full moon in 18 years expected tonight, we're all still wondering whether the Flyers are ready to quit their waning ways and start waxing phony MCs.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)