It's no secret there remains some unrest between Asante Samuel and the Eagles front office.
Now, after a few months of quiet regarding of the Eagles' overcrowded secondary, Samuel's uncertain future with the team is back in the news.
The nine-year veteran asked his twitter followers on Saturday night:
The tweet comes less than 24-hours after these comments from Eagles GM Howie Roseman were published in the Delaware News Journal:
“Last year was a unique situation in terms of practice time and preparation time, so I think that it gives us an opportunity with this offseason, with a normal offseason, to kind of jell together,” said Roseman, referencing lockout restrictions that canceled offseason practices and delayed free agency from March until August.
By the same token, Roseman didn’t dismiss speculation that the 31-year-old Samuel, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who ranks fifth among active defensive backs with 45 career interceptions, could be headed out the door...
“Whenever you have a surplus at a particular position there are talks around the league, people call and your phone does ring,” Roseman said, “and that’s happened in the past couple years by our quarterback situation.”
“We’re always open to phone calls and to seeing if something works,” Roseman said, “and really if there are win-win situations for particular teams and particular players, we’ll look at that and make a decision kind of in a vacuum.”
So you tell us -- where would you like to see Asante Samuel next season?
>>>Eagles GM: Samuel, Other Corners Can Work Together [News Journal]