With the Eagles on their bye week, the Phillies assembling a squad of over-35 All-Stars and the Sixers completely ruining their future by trying hard and winning, I figured we'd try something different this week: It's the first-ever @FakeWIPCaller Philly sports mailbag.
— Dr. Cat (@LaugherCurve) November 26, 2013
All of them.
Why won't Lurie spend above the NFL salary cap? It's illegal, but shouldn't he do whatever it takes to win a Super Bowl? #askfakewipcaller
— Eric (@Eric_111) November 26, 2013
I wish the Eagles' owners had the competitive spirit and commitment to winning of Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder.
— Angry Amishman (@Angry_Amishman) November 26, 2013
No. My ranking of Eagles coaches goes Buddy, Chip, Vermeil, Marion Campbell, Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite, Andy Reid.
— Jack (@jqberlin) November 25, 2013
Donovan has guys?
#askfakewipcaller speaking of cheap why no extension for Nick Foles? Where's the urgency?
— Sean (@SeanWats) November 25, 2013
You said it. I agree with the caller last week who demanded that the Eagles, right now, give Foles the franchise tag.
Why are the Flyers taking so long to put up a statue of Ray Emery? #askfakewipcaller
— tim bowdoin (@the_other_tbow) November 25, 2013
Only if they have a way to repeatedly ram it into the Braden Holtby statue.
— Mike Wasserson (@Mike_Wass) November 25, 2013
His birthday was a huge distraction during the bye week.
— B Lada (@LadaPSU09) November 25, 2013
Normally I'd ask for them to wait until the next induction ceremony, but I think the situation calls for a special exception, like the NHL did for Gretzky.
— Ultimate Male (@Thunder_Lips) November 25, 2013
I agree. Andrews was a fat, lazy, embarrassing weakling, and shame on McNabb for picking on him.
— Billy Eager (@benafflaco) November 25, 2013
Buddy and Dykstra, mostly. And every 65-year-old ex-Flyer with teeth missing.
Other Philly sports takes:
- I was really down on the 2014 Phillies, and didn't see much reason for hope. But now that I hear Ryan Howard lost weight? Game changer. First place is ours.
- Still, disappointing that the Phils lost out on Prince Fielder. Imagine him and Howard in the same lineup…
- So, so nice that Andy Reid's annual November collapse is happening in another city this year.
- According to the Daily News, the Sixers' biggest weaknesses so far this year are depth and defense. So here's hoping for less depth, and less defense.
- I said that line brawl against Washington would turn things around for the Flyers, and no one believed me. Well well well…
- T.O., Shawn Andrews, Freddie Mitchell. Every Eagles player McNabb feuded with his career is either broke, depressed, or in jail. I'm just saying, is all.
- Jon Bon Jovi wants to buy the Buffalo Bills? Wait until he promises them a concert...
- Happy Thanksgiving! It would be my favorite holiday each year if the Cowboys weren't involved.
Follow @FakeWIPCaller on Twitter.