The coroner in Northhampton County commented this afternoon on the death of Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid's son Garrett and the findings. As you can hear above, Garrett Reid died of an accidental heroin overdose.
He was found slumped over in a chair in his room at Lehigh with drug paraphernalia near by. In addition to the heroin, 19 vials of an unknown liquid were also found. While the cause of death has been confirmed, they also said some of the other information regarding where the drugs may have come from, etc. are still being investigated.
The Reid family commented via a statement:
"These results sadly confirmed what we had expected all along. We
understood that Garrett’s long-standing battle with addiction was going
to be difficult. He will, however, always have our family’s love and
respect for the courage he showed in trying to overcome it. In the end,
we take comfort in our faith and know that he’s in a better place. We
miss Garrett. We miss his smile, his laugh, and his energy and we will forever love him.
"There are many
other individuals and families engaged in this struggle in their own
lives, and they will always have our support, encouragement, and
understanding. Never give up!"