Over the next few weeks at The700Level, we'll be posting poll matchups as part of our Philly March Madness competition. Examine the cases of the two fine Philadelphia athletes below, and cast your vote at the bottom as to which you think should advance to the next round. And as always, feel free to explain your selection and/or debate the choices in the comments section.
With the first round completed, we're presenting our second round matchups with some YouTube clips we feel to be definitive of the respective athletes' greatness during their time in Philly. If you think there's another, better video we should have used, we'd love to hear about that below as well.
(4) Ron Hextall
(5) Ron JaworskiWho should advance to the next round?customer surveys
Second-Round Results So Far:
(1) Julius Erving (80.4%) over (8) Simon Gagne (19.6%)
(4) Randall Cunningham (65.6%) over (5) Eric Lindros (34.4%)
(11) Cole Hamels (78.6%) over (14) Tug McGraw (22.4%)
(2) Chase Utley (95.9%) over (7) Darren Daulton (4.1%)
(1) Mark Howe (52.2%) over (9) Rod Brind'Amour (47.8%)
(5) Brian Westbrook (58.9%) over (4) Mike Richards (41.1%)
(3) Jimmy Rollins (72.7%) over (6) John LeClair (27.3%)
(2) Allen Iverson (90.5%) over (7) Lenny Dykstra (9.5%)
(1) Mike Schmidt (95.3%) over (9) Wilbert Montgomery (4.7%)