Geoff Mosher checks in with his first full NFL mock draft.
1. Houston Texans: Jadaveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Pass on this guy for Blake Bortles? I don’t think so.
2. St. Louis Rams: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Really need an offensive tackle, but thanks to the Redskins, they can get one later this round.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
If Gus Bradley has final say, he goes with the elite pass rusher.
4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Cleveland: the perfect place for a rock star.
5. Oakland Raiders: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
After the Rodger Saffold disaster, the Raiders get their future left tackle.
6. Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
Perfect edge rusher for Mike Nolan’s 3-4 scheme. Just what the Falcons need.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Josh McCown. Mike Glennon. Won’t matter when you have Evans and Vincent Jackson as targets.
8. Minnesota Vikings: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida
Wasn’t the Christian Ponder era so much fun?
9. Buffalo Bills: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Bills need to have E.J. Manuel upright and well protected. This should help.
10. Lions: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
If the Lions are smart, they don’t pass on the draft’s top cover corner, who played college ball in their backyard.
11. Titans: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
Sorry, not buying the idea that Jake Locker can be rescued by Ken Whisenhunt.
12. Giants: Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, S, Alabama
Need more secondary help to face Chip Kelly’s offense and the new-look Redskins attack.
13. Rams: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
After plucking Sammy Watkins, Rams beef up O-line. No more excuses, Sam Bradford.
14. Bears: C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
Chicago needs linebacker help in the worst way. Never adequately replaced Brian Urlacher.
15. Steelers: Timmy Jernigan, NT, Florida State
Steelers old defense needs to get younger, more athletic. This guy does the trick.
16. Cowboys: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
Really need a defensive end, but Donald at No. 16 is probably a steal.
17. Ravens: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Ravens always go with the best remaining player, and Gilbert at 17 is a great value pick.
18. Jets: Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California
Geno Smith (or Mike Vick) gets another offensive weapon to complement Eric Decker.
19. Dolphins: Zach Martin, OT, Notre Dame
Hey, the Fins are drafting a tackle named “Martin.” Let’s hope they treat this one better.
20. Cardinals: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
Put him in the same backfield with Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu and watch Todd Bowles’ defense soar.
21. Packers: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
Just another downfield weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Rich get richer.
22. Eagles: Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State
Has great athleticism, explosion and versatility. Chip Kelly and Billy Davis will find a place to get him on the field in their multiple front scheme.
23. Chiefs: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Arguably the best mismatch tight end in the draft. Should be a big boost to Andy Reid’s vanilla offense.
24. Bengals: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
Probably could use a pass rusher but good opportunity to upgrade the secondary.
25. Chargers: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
They hit on Keenan Allen last year. Another hit here and the Chargers will be very dangerous in 2014.
26. Browns: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Underrated corner will pair with Joe Haden and make life difficult for AFC North quarterbacks.
27. Saints: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
Why would the Saints go quarterback here? Because they’ll be moving on from Drew Brees within the next three years.
28. Panthers: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Cam Newton is making this pick.
29. Patriots: Dee Ford, DE, Auburn
Always looking for pass rushers, Pats get a versatile one.
30. 49ers: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
They hope he performs slightly better than Nnamdi Asomugha did.
31. Broncos: Ra’shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
With an offense that’s all set, Broncos keep stacking on the defensive side.
32. Seahawks: Kony Early, DE, Missouri
Pass rusher who can replace the loss of Chris Clemons.