There is no data to display.
Lunch Break: Bad against the 'Boys
The Eagles averaged 3.7 yards per play against the Cowboys. (USA Today Images)
Here are some bullet points after the Eagles' ugly 17-3 home loss to the division-leading Cowboys:
• What happened to the Nick Foles we saw in Tampa Bay? Against Dallas he missed open targets and was indecisive, and what was he thinking on the play he suffered the head injury ? A basic quarterback rule is if you don't see anyone open, THROW IT AWAY!
• The Cowboys rode into town without DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer, plus Jay Ratliff had been cut earlier in the week, and the Eagles still had under 300 yards of offense and three points. LeSean McCoy was held to just 55 yards rushing and DeSean Jackson had 21 receiving yards. Unacceptable.
• I still don't understand Chip Kelly's play-calling in the game. The Cowboys were clearly committed to stopping Shady. So why didnt he use McCoy more as a decoy and go to his wideouts more on quick slants and quick out patterns?
• Matt Barkley showed us that he's not ready for prime time in the NFL, as he served up three INTs. I know he was put into a tough situation, but on two of his picks he was clearly duped by how the Cowboys disguised their coverages.
• Gotta give props to the Eagles' defense. Any time you hold an offense that was averaging 30.5 points to 17 and pick off two of Tony Romo's passes you've done your job.
• More on the defense: They held the Cowboys to 5-of-16 on third-down conversions, and didn't give up deep passes once again. Dallas' longest pass play was a 26-yard completion to Jason Witten.
• Dez Bryant had a quiet eight-catch, 110-yard day.
• Speaking of Bryant, rookie safety Earl Wolff got his bell rung coming up to make a big hit on him and suffered a mild head injury. After the game Wolff told me all he remembered was making the hit, then his body went numb, and it was foggy after that.
• Let's take a little inventory now. We don't know where Michael Vick is health-wise with his hamstring injury. We don't know the severity of Foles' head injury. So is it possible Barkley could start against the New York Giants next Sunday? Stay tuned throughout the week ... this storyline could get real interesting.