Eagle Eye: Eagles-Redskins predictions
LeSean McCoy(right) and Alfred Morris are first and third in the NFL in rushing with 932 and 832 yards, respectively. (USA Today Images)
Here are some bullet points before the Eagles welcome Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins to Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday:
• I’m looking forward to battle of two of the league's top rushers. LeSean McCoy leads the NFL with 932 rushing yards, while the Redskins' Alfred Morris is third with 825 yards.
• If you go by stats, the Eagles' and Redskins' offenses are evenly matched. The Birds are fourth in the league in total offense and the 'Skins are fifth. The Birds are first in rushing and the 'Skins are third. The Eagles are ninth in passing yards and Washington is 10th. The 'Skins are ninth in points per game and the Eagles are 11th.
• Does Washington have Nick Foles' number? Last year, Foles lost both of his starts against the 'Skins, and Washington has intercepted three of Foles' five career picks.
• Speaking of Foles, he has been smoking-hot in the month of November -- 34 of 46 (73.9 percent), 634 yards, 10 touchdowns, zero interceptions.
• Offensive tackle Allen Barbre, cornerback Roc Carmichael and linebacker Najee Goode are not household names, but you could be watching them play extensively again this Sunday. Bradley Fletcher (pectoral), Mychal Kendricks (knee) and Jason Peters (quad/pectoral) were all limited in practice this week and all are listed as questionable for Sunday.
• Safety Earl Wolff is officially out for Sunday, which means Patrick Chung is back in as a starter. Chung is playing with an injured shoulder.
• Santana Moss is no longer Washington’s main receiving threat. Moss has just 21 catches for 249 yards, both numbers putting him fourth on the squad. Pierre Garcon has been Griffin's favorite target -- his 803 receiving yards are seventh-best in the league.
• If Kendricks doesn’t play, it will be interesting to see who gets the assignment of defending Washington rookie tight end Jordan Reed, who his both athletic and physical (see story).
• Is this the week the Eagles finally snap that lengthy home losing streak? Will Foles finally win a start at Lincoln Financial Field? All I can say is keep hope alive!