Kelly discusses the Eagles-Cowboys rivalry
With Michael Vick missing another game with a hamstring injury, Nick Foles will lead the Eagles' fourth highest scoring offense against the Cowboys. (AP)
Here are some bullet points heading into the Eagles' big game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field:
• The Cowboys and Eagles have no problem scoring. The 'Boys are second in the league in points per game, while the Birds are fourth. The only problem is neither of their defenses can stop anyone. The Birds are last in the league in yards allowed and 29th in points allowed, while Dallas is 30th and 21st, respectively.
• Defensive coordinator Bill Davis says safety Patrick Chung has a nerve issue in his ailing shoulder and it entails a lot of pain. You have to wonder if that will be a lingering injury all season, and if so, how many games will it cost him?
• On Thursday, Michael Vick and Nick Foles caught the media off guard when they stepped to the podium together to address the Eagles' quarterback situation. Vick confirmed he’s not playing Sunday. Some would believe there is tension between the two, but I've been reassured by many in the organization that these two get along great and spend quality time together away from the Xs and Os of the game.
• The Birds may have to go with just two running backs against Dallas. Chris Polk is nursing a shoulder injury and could sit this one out.
• Davis said that Fletcher Cox had his best game of the season against Tampa Bay, getting good pressure on Mike Glennon. They're going to need all the pressure that they can get from Cox and his defensive linemates against Tony Romo.
• Chip Kelly faced Dallas defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin three times when he was at Oregon and Kiffin ran the defense at USC. In 2012, the Ducks put up 62 points and 730 total yards of offense against the Trojans.
• Jason Witten will provide a good test for the Eagles' linebackers. Covering tight ends has been a major stumbling block for them this season.