Breaking news! Joe Blanton and Shane Victorino will be reunited.
The Phillies announced that Joe Blanton will not make his scheduled start tonight against the Arizona Diamondbacks because the L.A. Dodgers claimed him off of waivers and the Phils agreed to trade him to the playoff hopefuls in exchange for cash or a PTBNL.
The Phillies official statement:
Right-hander Joe Blanton was claimed off waivers and traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations, Senior Vice President & General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announced today. To fill his spot on the 25-man roster, right-hander B.J. Rosenberg was recalled from triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Kyle Kendrick will get the start tonight.
Another member of the 2008 WFC hangs up his Phillies' red for the last time.
We'll always have that home run you hit against the Rays in Game 4, Joe.
Our original game chat was all about how tonight's start for Blanton could be a trial of sorts for any team looking to claim him, so, we scrapped that obviously.
Kendrick takes on Ian Kennedy (9-8, 4.20) and the NL West-contending Arizona Diamondbacks. Playing spoiler to Arizona's playoff hopes is something to root for at least.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
It appears the Eagles have lost running back Darren Sproles for a while.
Sproles, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, suffered a broken arm in Sunday's 27-24 victory over the Giants and is out indefinitely.
Sproles left the game early in the second quarter with what was announced as a wrist injury and did not return after running the ball three times for 11 yards.
Despite his loss, the Eagles' run game thrived. Wendell Smallwood, LeGarrette Blount and Corey Clement combined for 160 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 30 carries.
Veteran Torrey Smith, for the time being at least, will take over as the Eagles' punt returner. Smith returned one punt Sunday for nine yards. He tweeted it was his first punt return since high school.
The 34-year-old Sproles seemed to be contemplating retirement after last season, his 11th in the NFL, but backed off this spring during OTAs.
"We're gonna see," Sproles said in June. "Right after we make the playoffs, then come back and ask me."