Our pals over at Beerleaguer posted about the New York Daily News suggesting that one of the key things the Yankees should do this offseason is trade center fielder Curtis Granderson to the Phillies for prospect Darin Ruf. We'd be okay with that.
Daily News writer John Harper was none too pleased with Grandyman's strikeout rate in 2012 and believes that the Yankees brass isn't going to commit to him long term, so with one option year left on his contract the time to move him is now. The return desired by Mr. Harper is the Phillies' Ruf.
As J. Weitzel writes over at Beerleaguer, this seems like a no-brainer for Ruben, but it's still good to see Ruf is doing well down in Venezuela:
Ruf has caught fire in Venezuela, belting his fourth homer Sunday. In
eight games, he's hitting .276/.344/.724, enough to give, like, maybe,
two seconds pause over a Grandserson for Ruf trade.
Maybe we can get Granderson and A-Rod in some sort of package deal for Ruf and Erik Kratz, but only if the Yanks pay all of A-Rod's contract forever.
>>With Yankees' offensive
philosophy staying put, here are five things the Yankees should do this
offseason to prepare for next year [NY Daily News]
>>NY Daily News backs Granderson for Ruf swap [BL]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships