Tocchet applauds Giroux's leadership in the third period
Jakub Voracek (left) has six goals and four assists for 10 points over the last six games. (USA Today Images)
The Flyers won 5-4 in a comeback thriller over Columbus on Thursday night (see story). Here are some tidbits from the win:
• The five goals in the third period were the most since March 2, 2010 when the Flyers scored five in a 7-2 win at Tampa Bay.
• Claude Giroux posted his sixth career game of four points or more with his two goals and two assists. The last time he posted at least four points was Feb. 16, 2012 when he recorded a career-high five points vs. Buffalo (five assists).
• In 2011-12, Giroux posted four or more points in a game four times, but this was the first time in his career that he posted four points in a single period.
• Giroux has a five-game scoring streak, with four goals and six assists for 10 points in the stretch.
• Jakub Voracek (three-point game) extended his scoring streak to six games with a goal and two assists. He now has six goals and four assists for 10 points over that span.
• Voracek’s last three-point game was April 15, 2013 at Montreal. It’s the third time in his career that he amassed three points in a period.
• The Flyers have now won eight consecutive home games. They last did that Dec. 9, 2008 through Jan. 10, 2009. They haven’t won nine straight at home since early in the 2005-06 season.