It's the battle of 2-4 teams today in Minnesota. If the Birds can't get a win against former Eagles coach Brad Childress' squad then this season is heading straight into the shitter. Fret not, because while Les Bowen picks the Eagles to lose, a Madden simulation has the Birds winning by a touchdown. Computers never lie. Bowen actually has some good reasoning, something Eagles fans often lack, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three or four times, I must be a *&*%#$ idiot."
The Eagles defense will likely have their hands full trying to stop Purple Jesus. But on the bright side, the Vikings passing game is rather horrid, ranking 30th of 32 in terms of passing yards per game.
Crazy stat that needs to change: Aside from their game against the Lions in which the offense went off, the Eagles have combined for only 3 touchdowns in their five other games this season. That's not good.
The O is hoping that a healthier L.J. Smith returning to the lineup will give them a boost. At this point, the return of anyone could be a good thing for them.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)