A new weekly feature every Wednesday here at The 700 Level: card of the week. This week, Joe Morgan.
Perhaps I'm pointing out my own ignorance on this one, but I didn't know Joe Morgan played for the Phillies. Alas, on my recent trip to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum I picked up a few random Phillies team sets from years past. I saw many names I was familiar with and many I was not. Joe Morgan played for the Phillies. I'm guessing those older than myself may take this as common knowledge, but I had no idea. I always thought of him as part of the Big Red Machine.
Joe Morgan, Hall of Fame second baseman and ESPN baseball analyst -- do you love him or hate him?
>>Joe Morgan [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
>>Career Stats [Baseball Reference]
>>My trip to Cooperstown [The 700 Level]
Joe Morgan's 1984 Topps baseball card after the jump.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships