I think we can all agree a series victory in San Francisco would be a welcomed occurrence these days. The Phils will attempt to earn the series edge this evening with their ace, Kyle Kendrick, on the hill.
Kendrick (3-1, 2.43) will take on right-hander Tim Lincecum (2-1, 4.41).
We gave you some positive Cliff Lee notes last night and that turned out just dandy, so let's look at Kendrick's good omen's from the game notes this evening:
Over his last 16 starts (since 8/14/12), Kendrick is 10-4 with a 2.43 ERA which is the 5th best ERA among NL starters over that stretch (min. 75 IP). The guys he trails? Just Clayton Kershaw, Kris Medlen, Matt Harvey, and Clifton Phifer Lee. Kendrick also has an active 23.0 inning scoreless streak on the road with his last run allowed back in September of 2012 in Houston. That's good for the 2nd longest such streak in the bigs trailing only Colorado's Rex Brothers.
Laynce Nix will get the start in right field against the righty Lincecum. Ben Revere is back in CF as well.
10:15 from the west coast. Make yourself a cup of tea and stay up with us.
No News Is No News
The Phillies beats all say not to expect any update on Roy Halladay's visit with the doctor down in L.A. today. What does that meaaaan?
Site Be Funky
Expect some things to happen to the site at some point during the game. But don't be scared. We'll get through it together.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships