There's been plenty of ugly on the field at PPL Park this summer due to the Philadelphia Union's inability to put the ball in the net for weeks at a time. The ladies of the Lingerie Football League will attempt to give you something a bit more appealing to look at on the pitch next summer as the Philly Passion will play two home games at the soccer stadium in Chester on June 15 and July 13.
You may remember back in 2009 when we were lucky to get a full report and photo gallery of a Philadelphia Passion game in Trenton from friend of the Level Mark K.
The Passion held a press conference in Chester this morning and linebacker Angela Perfetto (@PassionSorella9) took the opportunity to give fans a preview as seen above.
Related But Not Really Related
The Lingerie Football League also says it fired some of its refs due to incompetence. Where did those refs end up? In the NFL of course!
Because of the LFL’s perception
it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are
competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our
athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose
to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now
officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but
we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.
We have not made public comment to
date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of
tonight’s event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth
as to who are officiating these games
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Sometimes the internet is a wonderful place.
Since basically, no one wants to listen to Joe Buck call a thrilling Eagles 61-yard game-winning field goal, we scoured the web to find four other amazing versions of Sunday’s sensational ending to the Eagles' 27-24 victory over the New York Giants.
1. Merrill Reese and Mike Quick on 94.1 WIP
The legendary voice of the Eagles since 1977, Reese, along with former Eagle Mike Quick, delivers a call that will shoot shivers up your spine.
2. Spanish Broadcaster Ricky Ricardo
A longtime voice of the Phillies and now the Spanish voice of the New York Yankees, Ricardo delivers with this enthusiastic call.
A phenomenon that has taken over the web, adding inspirational music from Titanic makes everything just a little bit better.
4. *Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame*
A staple movie cliché from the '80s and '90s, the record scratch, freeze frame plays itself perfectly in this moment.