CSN Philly Live Stream FAQsTwitter users: Follow @CSNPhilly or @NBCSportsApp and tweet us with questions and/or comments. Twitter is a public forum and information posted in tweets will be made available for the public to see. Please do not tweet anything you do not want to be made public.
FAQs/ Feedback General NBC Sports App Information | Click Here for Technical FAQs | Click Here for Mobile FAQs
Q: Can I stream the Philadelphia 76ers game?
A: If you are a CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network subscriber via a participating video provider, and you reside in an area where you are able to view Sixers games on the channel, you will be able to access Sixers content made available through Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia or The Comcast Network “TV Everywhere” service after going through an authentication process. Initially, this offering only includes Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia or The Comcast Network’s Sixers telecasts and pre-and post-game shows, which can be viewed both on csnphilly.com and via the NBC Sports App (subject to NBA restrictions). If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia to make available TV Everywhere to your provider’s subscribers, you will not be able to authenticate and stream Sixers programming. The TV Everywhere offering is available to all Comcast SportsNet or The Comcast Network providers, and Comcast SportsNet/The Comcast Network is working diligently to finalize agreements with its distributors. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the TV Everywhere stream of the game.
Q: Can I stream the Flyers game?
A: If you are a CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network subscriber via a participating video provider, and you reside in an area where you are able to view Flyers games on the channel, you will be able to access content made available through Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia or The Comcast Network “TV Everywhere” service after going through an authentication process. Initially, this offering includes CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network Flyers game telecasts, as well as pre-and post-game shows, which can be viewed both on csnphilly.com and via the NBC Sports App (subject to league restrictions), but these offerings will grow over time. If your provider has not yet entered into an agreement with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia or The Comcast Network make TV Everywhere available to your provider’s subscribers, you will not be able to authenticate and stream the content. The TV Everywhere offering is available to all CSN Philadelphia / The Comcast Network providers, and CSN Philadelphia / The Comcast Network is working diligently to finalize agreements with its distributors. Please call your participating provider if you are not able to access the TV Everywhere stream of the game.
Q: How do I verify my video provider account?
A: When prompted, select your video provider from the drop-down menu. Assuming you are a subscriber of a participating provider, you will then be asked to enter your username and password for your provider, similar to when you pay your bill online. Don't forget to check "remember me" so you don't have to log in again. If you don't have an online account with your video provider, or can't remember your username and password, please contact your video provider to learn more. If you already have a username and password from your video provider, you will not need to create a new account. If you have not previously registered an account with your video provider, you will need to do so with a valid email address. Please contact your video provider to learn more.
Q: Why isn't my video provider listed?
A: We are actively working to add additional video providers so that all CSN or The Comcast Network viewers have access to this service. If your provider is not listed, please contact your provider and express your interest in receiving this service. Check back regularly to see if your provider has been added to the list of participating distributors.
Q: What is the cost of this service?
A: This service being provided at no additional charge to Comcast SportsNet or The Comcast Network’s viewers and is an added value for its subscribers via participating video providers.
Q: What is the NBC Sports App?
A: The NBC Sports App is a streaming platform already available to and being used by authenticated subscribers of NBC, NBCSN and CSN. The video player allows subscribers to access streamed coverage of live events and other NBC Sports Group programming wherever they are (subject to territorial restrictions) and on any device, including tablets, mobile phones and computers. The app allows authenticated subscribers of CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network to access Sixers and Flyers games as well as pregame and post-game shows on multiple platforms, including those on CSNPhilly.com.
Q: Why am I blacked out?
A: Just as with CSN/The Comcast Network, availability of Sixers games is subject to NBA territorial blackout restrictions. In addition, authentication (i.e. confirming that you are a subscriber of one of Comcast SportsNet’s participating providers) is required to access NBC Sports App. Please contact us here with specific questions.
Q: What if I forgot my username and/or password?
A: Most video providers offer a simple way to retrieve or reset your password. Please contact your video provider to learn more.
Q: In addition to Flyers and Sixers games, what other programming is available to stream via NBC Sports App?
A: The Network will continue to evaluate offering other programming as its rights permit. Please visit us at csnphilly.com for our schedule of Flyers and Sixers broadcasts on CSN Philadelphia / The Comcast Network. For an NBC Sports event schedule, check the bottom of nbcsports.com/live for this month's live streaming schedule.
Q: I’m an authenticated CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network subscriber, but I travel out of town for business. Will I be able to watch the Flyers or Sixers games online in another city?
A: Yes. You will be permitted to access Sixers’ coverage on CSN Philadelphia or The Comcast Network via CSNPhilly.com and NBC Sports App when traveling out of your home market, provided you are in the continental U.S.
Q: I saw myself online during a Flyers or Sixers game! Can I make an online clip or copy of the game broadcast?
A: Any online video you access via NBC Sports is the exclusive property of the applicable team, league or Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia/The Comcast Network, and is not to be copied for personal use or posted on any public-facing platform, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Please visit this site’s terms of services for more information.
Q: Will CSN Philadelphia/The Comcast Network or NBC Sports have access to my personal information when I subscribe to this service and authenticate via my video provider?
Q: Is there CSN or NBC Sports content available without a video provider subscription?
A: Yes, you can continue to visit csnphilly.com/video or www.nbcsports.com to access certain event clips, highlights, and expert commentary without a video provider subscription.
Q: How do I stream the Phillies?
A: Major League Baseball has not yet granted live, local streaming rights to the Phillies. We hope to come to agreement on terms that will enable us to offer those games and other Phillies-related programming on CSNPhilly.com and via NBC Sports App in the future
- Internet Explorer 8 (32 or 64-bit) and up
- Firefox 3.6
- Safari 5
- Chrome 16
- Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps
- Platform: Windows XP (32 or 64-bit)/Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
- Processor: 500MHz or faster
- RAM: 128MB or more
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
- Platform: Snow Leopard or Lion
- Processor: 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster
- RAM: 128MB or more
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
- Refresh your browser
- Upgrade your browser (Older browsers might not be offering you the premium in speed and security to view this content).
- If you would like the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the most recent version of your browser. You can select from the following supported browsers:
- Update Flash. Our video content is streamed through Adobe® Flash® player. We suggest
- Before installing Adobe® Flash®, you will need to first uninstall any older versions you currently have running on your computer. To do so, download Adobe's official uninstaller (Make sure to select your correct operating system, and then "Uninstall Flash.")
- Now that you've uninstalled the older version of Adobe® Flash®, follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling the most recent version. The download option is on the right-hand side of the page.
- Once you have downloaded the file, please exit your browser first, and then install the upgraded version of Adobe® Flash® to your computer.
- Finally, open your browser again and return to the video you wish to view. You should now be able to successfully watch videos.
- Refresh your browser.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. If the browser you're using or a page you're viewing is displaying problems, try to clear the browser's cache. If that doesn't fix the problem, try to clear the browser's cookies.
- 1. Refresh your browser.
- 2. If refreshing didn't help, try the following:
- 2a.Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers.
- 2b.Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the Player.
- 2c. Restart your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- 2d.Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
- 3.If you still have no sound when playing the video, you may want to try the steps below (in order):
- 3a.Install the latest version of Adobe® Flash® after removing any old versions you have installed.
- 3b.Allow third-party Adobe® Flash® content on your computer:
- 3c.Visit the Adobe® Flash® Global Storage Settings Panel.
- 3d.The Adobe® Flash® Player Settings Manager should display.
- 3e.Check the box labeled: "Allow third-party Adobe® Flash® content to store data on your computer."
- 3f.To ensure the check is accepted please click one of the tabs at the top of that box and then click back to the (Global Storage Settings Panel). The box should still be checked.
- 3g. Once this is completed, close all of the browser windows and try re-playing the Live Event.
- 3h.Check your Antivirus and Firewall software to see if you're blocking third party Adobe® Flash® content.
- 1. Refresh your browser
- 2. Quit your browser application entirely (Ctrl+Q in Microsoft Windows or Command+Q in Mac OS), quit all other unnecessary applications running on your computer, then restart your browser. Avoid using multiple tabs.
- 3. If using wireless internet (WiFi), connect directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable.
- 1. Uninstall Adobe® Flash® as described by this Adobe® Flash® support page:
- 2. Restart your computer
- 3. Visit http://nbcsports.com/live
- 3a. Click on any of the videos
- 4. When prompted, install Adobe® Flash® again
- 5. When installation is complete, restart your browser
- 6. Return to http://nbcsports.com/live
- 1. In the Firefox menu bar, go to Tools > Options
- 2. In the Options screen, select Privacy
- 3. Make sure that both "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" are checked.
- 4. In the "Keep until:" dropdown, select either "they expire"or "I close Firefox"
- 5. Click OK to close the Options screen.
- 6. Force-reload the page by doing Shift-Reload (Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard, while clicking the Reload button in the browser's button bar.)
- 7. The videos should now play successfully
- 1. Check your 3rd party cookies. You need them enabled (in Firefox, Chrome and Safari you set it directly, in IE you need to set a privacy level of "Medium High" or lower)
- 2. Check to see if you have an anti-virus, anti-malware or other proxy software (such as Net Nanny) running on your machine or corporate/campus network that may be blocking (or impacting) access to the streams.