Paraphrased from T.O.'s appearance on a Miami's 790 radio show with Dan LeBatard, which also aired on 610 WIP:
Q: Is there anyone in the NFL you like to watch play?
TO: Nah, not really, I mean.. Sometimes I wish I had some special power that could allow me to get outside my body and watch ME play.
When asked about why he was selling his NFC Championship ring, Owens said obviously to help Katrina, but also because certain players said he didn't help the team get to the Superbowl. Owens went on to mention Hugh Douglas specifically.
Wow. Terrell never ceases to amaze with his ego. The childishness of an eleven year old in the body of a super hero.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Can't say we're super familiar with the work of Don La Greca, whose bio says he's a co-host on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN Radio, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's either a total joy to listen to or absolutely a chainsaw to your ears.
One or the other, tough to say.
But it's hard to argue with the impressiveness of the rant he went on regarding the New York Giants offensive line the other day.
The stats he quotes are just hard to argue with in any capacity.
Regardless of how you feel about advanced stats, I thinkk we can all agree the Eagles D-Line is gonna go all Pythagoras on the Eli this weekend.