Mark Wahlberg's luck when it comes to all things Philly sports is pretty darn awful. I mean, did you see "Invincible?"
Wahlberg is in Philadelphia this week to attend the screening of his new film, "Broken City."
He saw a broken team on Tuesday night.
Marky Mark sat courtside as Doug Collins' boys got their butts handed to them by the Brooklyn Nets, 109-89.
The leader of the Funky Bunch was presented with a 76ers jersey at the Wells Fargo Center in South Philly, but the Boston native is not fooling anybody. And he's certainly not fooling Sixers commentator extraordinaire Malik Rose who rightly pointed out said jersey is likely going in the fireplace after the game.
The 16,167 fans in attendance on Tuesday night have no argument with that move.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
Joel Embiid is giving back, joining several NBA players for the Basketball without Borders camp in Africa.
The NBA and FIBA will host 80 boys and girls ages 17 and under from 26 African countries, including Embiid's native Cameroon. It'll be the 15th edition of Basketball without Borders.
The camp will be held from Aug. 2 to Aug. 5 at the American International School of Johannesburg, culminating with the NBA Africa Game 2017 at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg, South Africa. The exhibition pits Team Africa, which includes players born in Africa and second-generation African players, against players from the rest of the world.
It's already been announced that Embiid is on the roster, but not playing, for Team Africa. Embiid, 23, missed the final 37 games of the 2016-17 season with a knee injury. His first NBA season came after he missed the first two years of his career with a foot injury.
There will be a heavy local vibe at BWB this year. Embiid will be joined by assistant coach Lloyd Pierce as well as former Sixers Bruce Bowen, Elton Brand and fellow Cameroonian Luc Mbah a Moute. Philly native Kyle Lowry and Chester native Rondae Hollis-Jefferson will also be there.
Future Hall of Famer Dirk Nowitzki and budding star Kristaps Porzingis will also be among the players on hand.