Andy Reid on McNabb from Les Bowen's Inky piece Saturday:
"Everything's magnified a little bit at the Super Bowl," Reid said. "I
think he just got some things off his chest. He's very positive right
now and ready to roll... Get it out and move on. That's where he's at
now. I talked to him two nights ago. Very upbeat, positive, fired up,
That's pretty much the best we can hope for, a fired up, positive Donovan.
-Forsberg won a gold medal. Antero, a silver, but named MVP of Olympics even with a loss at the end. [AllSports]
-The Sixers have won three in a row.
-The U.S. hockey team was wretched in Torino, blame the travel arrangements? [MJD]
-Bode Miller, what to think of him? Scary Playboy bunny: meh, rock star attitude: good, 0-fer the Olympics: weak.
-Rumors have it that Vince Young is not very intelligent. [Deadspin]
-Paris Hilton will play Mother Teresa. Read that again.
-Girlfriend Dumped After Valentine-Candy-Related Weight Gain [The Onion]
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- President Donald Trump's new communications director is getting sacked on social media for quoting Joe Paterno while making a point about honor and dignity.
Anthony Scaramucci mentioned the late Penn State football coach's oft-cited line "act like you've been there before" during a CNN interview Thursday about his push to stop leaks to the press.
Penn State fired Paterno in 2011 over his handling of child sex abuse allegations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. A university-commissioned investigation concluded Paterno and others hushed up the allegations for fear of bad publicity.
Paterno, one of college football's winningest coaches, died of lung cancer in January 2012 at 85. He was never charged with a crime.
When Paterno died, Scaramucci tweeted he'd met the coach twice and considered him an "honorable man."