"This isn't a moral victory. There are no moral victories." —Temple head coach Steve Addazio.
Below you'll find the full audio clips of Joe Paterno and Steve Addazio's post-game press conferences following Penn State's 14-10 win over Temple.
The Mp3 files are available for download via MediaFire. Regardless of your affiliation, you'll be well served to take a break from your post-game gloating and/or heavy drinking to listen to both coaches' thoughts on what can only be described as a mutual debacle. Both clips are legitimate gems and feature each coach getting a bit testy with members of the media.
Stray quotes, notes and full audio after the jump...
(1) Joe Paterno on the 7-touchdowns-in-3-games-Bernard-Pierce: "That one running back they got doesn't get enough credit."
(2) Joe Paterno on the blocked punt: "He just took too long. He took the ball. Took a look at it to make sure it was a football and then he kicked it."
(3) Joe Paterno on why he didn't address his team at halftime: "The walk was too long."
(4) Steve Addazio on today's effort: "We're not interested in close games. There's no moral victories. There's nothing. You play the game to win. We didn't win. [Turnovers] are the reason we didn't win."
(1) Temple's announced crowd of 57,323 is the third-highest in Temple history. It is the second-most to ever watch a game at the Linc, falling just short of the the mark set by these same two teams in 2007.
(2) The announced student attendance of 10,886 was the highest in university history.
(3) Bernard Pierce touched the ball just four times for the Temple Owls in the second half.
(4) The two teams fell 22 points shy of Vegas' over/under total. Temple covered their +7 spread.
(5) Neither team wanted to win.
(6) Neither team deserved to win.
Finally, click here to read Matt Haughton's CSNPhilly.com game story.