The Flyers won a tough game against the Boston Bruins Thursday night, with Marty Biron earning his first win as the team’s starting goalie. In a fitting end to a gritty contest, Scottie Upshall scored his third goal in his seven games as a Flyer after a huge save by Biron with 9 seconds left in overtime. After the save, Sami Kapanen sent a brilliant outlet pass to Scottie Upside, who put a sick move on Bruins goalie Tim Thomas, going all Bobby Orr on a deke that caused Thomas to break his stick in frustration afterward. The announcers kept calling it the "Forsberg move," but the only similarity I saw was the that it was a short left-far right backhand deke, which isn't that uncommon. It was the acrobatics that made the goal... Let the kid have his moment. I'm tellin ya now, Upshall is gonna be a force. Tough to beat that for an exciting road win, and it’s a nice start to Biron’s tenure in orange and black. Both he and Upshall were great tonight.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
Sports Ilustrated gets it. The characters in Philadelphia sports are some of the best in the world right now.
On SI's list of "77 Reasons Why We Love Sports," the alien otherwise known as Rhys Hoskins and Joel Embiid's Twitter both make appearances. While the NFL Red Zone Channel inexplicably comes in at No. 1, Embiid's Twitter comes in at a worthy No. 2. His recent tweet about the Los Angeles Chargers' beleaguered rookie kicker is a great example of why Embiid is a must-follow.
Damn YoungHoe definitely ain't Koo no more😩— Joel Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) September 17, 2017
Hoskins, the Phillies' record-breaking slugger, comes in at No. 65. His latest mind-bending accomplishment is becoming the fastest player ever to 45 RBIs. With Hoskins' ridiculous natural power and impressive plate discipline, this stretch doesn't look like a fluke. He could be one of the top reasons Philadelphians love sports for the next 15 years.