Eagles fans should be happy that there is no game for the Birds this weekend. It will prevent a Sunday evening full of heartburn and allow you to watch something else. You could watch the Sixers in Orlando tonight, Boston College at Wake on Saturday on ESPN2, or the Flyers on Saturday against Washington. On second thought, you don't want to watch the Flyers.
Instead, learn some Kazakhstani culture.
>>Scathingly funny 'Borat' skewers America and its complex values [Boston Globe]
YouTube video of Borat's recent interview on Letterman after the jump.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
NEW YORK — (Story coming ...)