Dan Carcillo was a bit of a polarizing figure in Philadelphia when he played for the Flyers. Some people really enjoyed the scrap he put into his game while others thought his mere presence on the ice was a waste of a uniform spot that could have gone to a real hockey player.
But regardless of which side of the debate you fell on, you most certainly would have enjoyed Carbombs returning to the Wells Fargo Center ice on Thursday night as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks and dropping gloves with Zac Rinaldo, Wayne Simmonds, or any other Flyers combatant. Sadly, you probably won't get to see that happen this week as Carcillo will likely face a suspension from Brendan Shanahan.
You see, Carcillo shoved Oilers' defesemen Tom Gilbert into the boards on Monday and was called for a five minute boarding penalty. It also sent both Carcillo and Gilbert out of the game with injuries. Not only did he hurt another player, he somehow found a way to hurt himself.
The Flyers' meeting with the Blackhawks is still two days away, but that's plenty of time for Brendan Shanahan to keep Carbombs in street clothes in Philly. [UPDATE: Carcillo has been suspended indefinitely for now.]
Puck Daddy has more on the hit here.
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships