Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10-15 per
To experience all aspects of Sports Media in a TV newsroom, including production, operations, and engineering. Opportunities will include working on pre and post-game shows as well as field work, writing and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Experience and learn production and operations from reporters, anchors and the production team by assisting the team in day to day tasks
• Use research, creativity and archive footage to assist with sports programming
• Exposure to field work including interviewing skills, lighting and operations.
• Gain understanding of operating the teleprompter as well as other areas of the control room, production and director operations
• Participation and assisting with stage managing including mic’ing and camera operations
• Provide support for guest relations
• Logging games and instruction on highlight and sound bite identification
• Additional duties as assigned
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of sports.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Must be 19 years of age or older
• Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
• Must have sophomore standing or above
• Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should submit resume/cover letter to email@example.com.