Reports To: Managing Editor
Hours Required: 10-20 per week (must be available nights and weekends)
Available Semesters: Fall, Spring or Summer (resumes accepted anytime - **no longer accepting applications for Spring or Summer 2013)
Requirements: Must be a student in accredited college receiving academic credits (not a paid position). This must be confirmed by the college on their letter head.
Location: Comcast SportsNet, Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
College students with backgrounds in journalism or related fields preferred.
Thorough knowledge of sports -- particularly Philadelphia sports -- is a must. Should be a sound writer and computer savvy. Experience with HTML and web-related programs not required but helpful.
Must be a friendly, personable, motivated and self-directed individual who can work flexible hours, including weekends.
Responsibilities: Assisting with the various duties needed to maintain the site on a daily basis
- Searching for updated news, posting new stories
- Writing headlines, captions, video clip descriptions
- Copy editing stories and the site in general
- Manipulating photos in Photoshop and placing them on the site
- Covering events, writing stories (depending on experience)
- Various other duties involved with daily updating of site
COMCAST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER