Philadelphia bar and brewery Nodding Head, located in center city, is known for their impressive array of bobbleheads near the entrance to their second floor drinking establishment, but they are also known for naming a beer or two in honor of Philly sports. They regularly have a "700 Level Ale" (unrelated to this site) on tap, and after the Flyers' big series victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins, decided to name a beer in "honor" of one Sidney Crosby. They called it "Crosby Tears."
From the menu description:
CROSBY TEARS - $6.50 tulip
STRONG ALE (8.7%ABV)... WHINE-LIKE IN "HONOR" OF ITS NAMESAKE... ORANGE HUED LIKE THE TEAM THAT SENT HIM HOME FOR THE SUMMER... THE PERFECT COMPLEMENT TO A PLAYOFF RUN
We haven't sampled the tears just yet, but will have to make a trip down Sansom Street soon.
This also isn't the first time a Philly bar has mocked an athlete via their beer menu. Philly's so crafty.
Menu, beer, and Crosby bobble photos sent in by reader Zach. Bobble case via flickr
UPDATE!! Here is a photo of the actual beer itself at Nodding Head:
And here is a photo of the slightly modified version of a Crosby bobblehead in their collection:
Position Title: Intern
Company: Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
# of hours / week: 10 – 20 hours
Deadline: November 20
This position will work closely with the Vice President of Sales in generating revenue through commercial advertisements and sponsorship sales. The intern will gain first-hand sales experience through working with Sales Assistants and AEs on pitches, sales-calls and recapping material.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Account Executive on preparation of Sales Presentations
• Cultivate new account leads for local sales
• Track sponsorships in specified programs
• Assist as point of contact with sponsors on game night set up and pre-game hospitality elements.
• Assist with collection of all proof of performance materials.
• Perform Competitive Network Analysis
• Update Customer database
• Other various projects as assigned
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Knowledge of sports.
3. Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
5. Must be 19 years of age or older
6. Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
7. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
8. Must have sophomore standing or above
9. Must have a 3.0 GPA
Interested students should apply here and specify they're interested in the ad/sales internship.
About NBC internships
It appears the Eagles have lost running back Darren Sproles for a while.
Sproles, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, suffered a broken arm in Sunday's 27-24 victory over the Giants and is out indefinitely.
Sproles left the game early in the second quarter with what was announced as a wrist injury and did not return after running the ball three times for 11 yards.
Despite his loss, the Eagles' run game thrived. Wendell Smallwood, LeGarrette Blount and Corey Clement combined for 160 yards rushing and two touchdowns on 30 carries.
Veteran Torrey Smith, for the time being at least, will take over as the Eagles' punt returner. Smith returned one punt Sunday for nine yards. He tweeted it was his first punt return since high school.
The 34-year-old Sproles seemed to be contemplating retirement after last season, his 11th in the NFL, but backed off this spring during OTAs.
"We're gonna see," Sproles said in June. "Right after we make the playoffs, then come back and ask me."